Bolivar Depot PreservedPIONEER OIL MUSEUM CLOSES on DONATION of Building—To be added to Museum’s Complex
BOLIVAR—October 9. The Pioneer Oil Museum, dedicated to the preservation of and education about the production of Pennsylvania Grade Crude Oil in the Allegany Field, announced today that they have completed the donation process of the former PS&N Depot, located on Boss Street in the village.
With the demise of the Shawmut in 1947, the depot has since served as a storage and repair site for a short list of Bolivar oilfield contractors. With the end of the oil contractor era, the last occupant thoroughly emptied the old depot and commenced the process of donating the building as an annex to the Pioneer Oil Museum's adjoining Hahn & Schaffner complex.
Above—The Bolivar Depot taken in the summer of 2015. View is looking northwest, showing the south and east sides of the building. The Shawmut main line and passing siding were on the far side of the building from this perspective.
Above—All of the original wainscoting still exists in the depot interior and even extends to the ceiling. This is quite an asset with which to start a restoration project.